Selling internet insurance since 1996.
Buy new car. Auto Insurance Group
Helpfull auto insurance information ...

Auto Insurance Information

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I get a free insurance quote on-line?

You can get a free, non binding, comparative insurance quote by selecting your state here.

When can you start my coverage?

The earliest we can make your coverage effective is the day following the postmark on the envelope containing your initial payment. Coverage goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on that day. Or, we can make your coverage effective on the date you request, as long as your initial payment is postmarked before that date.

How long is your auto policy period?

We offer six month policies. This is fairly common for many companies. You receive a declarations page and renewal bill approximately 60 days prior to your renewal date.

How long is this quote guaranteed?

(All states except Texas and New York) Sixty days. Your new policy must start before the 60 days are up for you to receive the current rate quoted. Remember, the rate we have quoted is based upon the information you have just given us. If that information changes, your rate quote may change.

After 60 days, the rate you receive will be subject to our rates in effect then. For example, if a statewide rate increase has occurred, then the rate you receive may be different.

That's why we recommend you get an updated quote if you are not planning to start your new policy with us until more than 60 days from now.

What payment terms are available?

Full Payment Plan:
You pay the total premium owed on your quote.

Installment Plan:
Your first installment is half of the total premium shown on your quote. We'll bill you for the remaining half, plus a $3 service fee on your second installment. The second installment bill will be mailed out with your policy materials and payment is due 60 days from the policy effective date.

Monthly Direct Bill:
Your down payment is 25% (Florida 33 %) of the total premium. Then we'll bill you each month for the remaining monthly installments. A $3 service fee is charged on each monthly bill.

When are the installment payments due?

The due date will be the day of the policy effective date for each consecutive month.

Some of our group accounts have additional options available such as payroll deduction and automatic deduction from their checking account. If you are a member of a sponsoring group, and are interested in other payment options, please call for more details.

What is the difference between split limits and combined single limits of liability?

A combined single limit of liability has one limit for both bodily injury and property damage combined. That means if a policy had a limit of $100,000 the maximum amount the policy would pay for the total bodily injury and/or property damage would be $100,000.

A split limit liability policy has a separate limit per person and per accident for bodily injury and a per accident limit for property damage. For example, if a policy had a limit of $25,000 on property damage and a $100,000 per person limit on bodily injury, with a $300,000 per accident limit on bodily injury, the maximum amount the policy would pay is: $25,000 for property damage and $300,000 for total bodily injury (not exceeding $100,000 per person).

All of our policies are written on a split limit basis.

When can my premium rates increase?

Insurance rates can increase or decrease at different points in time and for different reasons. Our practice in increasing or decreasing your rates would be similar to other companies in your area. For example:

  1. Whenever there is an approved statewide rate change, rates change for all policyholders at their next policy renewal. These rate changes usually reflect changes in a company's cost of paying claims.
  2. Your individual policy's premiums can increase or decrease due to number of factors like the number and type of driving violations you have, or the number and type of accidents you have. Changes in the vehicles insured, the coverages provided or the drivers insured under the policy may also result in changes to your policy's premiums.
  3. Also, your premium can increase or decrease if any of the information you provide in your application is different from the information you provided when we prepared your quotation.

Do you offer an umbrella policy?

We do have an umbrella policy available in most states. If you are interested in getting a quote, please send us an e-mail or give us a call and we will get back to you.

Can you give me enough auto insurance to qualify for an umbrella with another company?

Umbrella policies usually require you to carry Bodily Injury Liability of $100,000/$300,000 or $250,000/$500,000 with Property Damage Liability of $50,000 or $100,000.

Companies have different requirements. We can take the information necessary to prepare your quote and we can determine which of these coverages you qualify for.

Can I have my auto insurance with you, but my Umbrella with another company?

If you are eligible for our auto program, our company would certainly allow you to obtain an umbrella policy from another insurance company. However, you should check with the company offering the umbrella policy for their requirements.

Will my policy cover me if I am renting a car during vacation?

The coverage on your covered auto transfers to rental cars which are rented on a short term basis for personal reasons. If you have more than one car on your policy , the broadcast coverage on your policy will transfer to the rental car.

If my car is damaged, do I have to have it repaired at a shop approved by the insurance company?

We do have preferred repair shops in certain geographic locations. These shops perform quality repairs that are guaranteed by the company. They also give preferred service to our policy holders. It is your option to use these shops. The final choice of repair facility is made by the owner of the vehicle.

Should I report all accidents and incidents of vehicle damage to the police?

We recommend that all accidents and incidents are reported to the local police department. This provides documentation of the facts. It also provides the opportunity for the police to investigate. This investigation can help the company in the handling of the claim.

If I purchase personal property that is covered by my auto or homeowners policies, how long should I keep the receipts?

The proof of purchase should be kept as long as you own the property. The receipts are vital to our evaluation of the claim if the property is damaged or stolen.

What is the best way to maintain an inventory of my personal property or the condition of my car?

Photos of your property and car are the most effective method of establishing their conditions. Maintenance records and repair receipts should be available for as long as you own the property.

Where should I keep the title to my car and my insurance policy?

These documents should be kept in a secure location such as a safety deposit box or a fire proof metal filing box at home. They should not be put in the glove compartment of the car. These documents could be needed for the settlement of a claim. If the car is destroyed or stolen, their unavailability could delay the settlement process.

Do I need special coverage on my car to protect me if I have an accident in a state other than the state in which my car is registered?

The auto policy contains a provision called " Out of State Coverages ". This provision provides that the limits of liability for property damage and bodily injury will comply with any requirements of the state in which the accident occurs. Your policy will also provide the required minimum amounts and types of coverage of any compulsory insurance or similar law required of a non resident using a vehicle in that state.

Free Quote
The Auto Insurance Group provides you the opportunity to request an auto insurance quote online.


© 1996-2001 auto insurance All rights reserved
Privacy Policy - Terms of Services - Contact Us